The Oxford AHSN region is a leading national and international health and life sciences cluster, home to a rich and diverse community of innovators, entrepreneurs and researchers. The Oxford AHSN Strategic and Industry Partnerships programme helps to build evidence for innovation, working with companies and other partners to accelerate health and economic gains.
For innovators in diagnostics, digital health, medtech and pharma, the Oxford AHSN provides expert support along the innovation pathway:
- idea origination and concept development through our Accelerator programme
- provision of a market access service to develop value proposition
- evaluation in real world settings to monitor clinical and health economic impact
- adoption by NHS partners.
It fosters long-term partnerships with industry and a culture of innovation in the NHS, securing more than £100m investment into the Thames Valley region. This work is aligned with the Accelerated Access Collaborative and the requirements of the Office for Life Sciences which is funding AHSNs to establish a network of innovation exchanges to:
- identify needs and collaboration opportunities
- signpost for industry
- carry out real world evaluation and monitoring of clinical and economic impact
- support diffusion and adoption of innovations.