A vast amount of effective research and development (R&D) work takes place across the Oxford AHSN region. The Oxford AHSN R&D programme supports the development of capability, capacity and collaboration across the NHS and universities to make our region a more attractive place for research to improve healthcare locally, regionally and nationally. It aims to do this through closer collaboration between the universities, NHS and industry.
The R&D programme is led by Professor Gary Ford, Chief Executive of the Oxford AHSN. The R&D oversight group is supported by the Oxford Academic Health Partners which is embedded within the AHSN.
We aim to create an environment where every clinical encounter can contribute to research. We have excellent working relationships with the following National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR) bodies:
- Applied Research Collaboration (ARC) Oxford and Thames Valley
- Clinical Research Network Thames Valley and South Midlands (CRN)
- Community Healthcare Medtech and In vitro diagnostics Co-operative (MIC)
- Oxford Biomedical Research Centre (BRC)
- Oxford Health Biomedical Research Centre
- Research Design Service South Central
We also work closely with other clinical research infrastructures including regional clinical trials units to support research, share information and opportunities, increase recruitment to trials, facilitate adoption of innovation, create coherent research platforms for partners and cut costs.