Mental health is a key priority for the NHS, as outlined in the Long Term Plan (2019). The Oxford AHSN is working with NHS commissioners and service providers, industry partners, other AHSNs and the voluntary sector to identify and spread innovations and improvements in mental healthcare. We are developing a sustainable work programme that aligns with local needs and NHS priorities.
We aim to be a key partner and a valuable source of support. We will ensure the patient voice is heard in all aspects of mental health care provision. We will work to address inequalities in access and treatment and we will support efforts to address workforce issues.
National AHSN programmes:
- Early intervention in eating disorders (FREED)
- Improving ADHD assessment (FOCUS ADHD)
- Patient safety: reducing restrictive practice
- Developing digital health tools to support children and young people
- Improving student mental health
Mental health is one of four key health and care priorities for the Oxford AHSN in 2022/23. Read more about them here or click on the image below.