In this section you will find educational resources developed by our clinical leads, free of charge, for patients and healthcare professionals.
Professionals can access a wide range of support tools for implementing FeNO testing on the Wessex AHSN website.
Healthcare professional resources
COMING SOON! Cogora has been commissioned to deliver two tailored educational modules:
- Identifying and managing uncontrolled asthma
- Management of non-adherence
Webinars, March 2022
- Managing uncontrolled asthma View the recording
- Identifying and managing barriers to asthma medication adherence View the recording
- Consensus pathway for managing uncontrolled and severe asthma View the recording
- Real world practice: practical tips for treating and understanding uncontrolled asthma. Coming soon!
- The HASTE tool. Listen now! Uncontrolled asthma patients can be difficult to identify in primary care for several reasons, meaning patients who could benefit from secondary care are missed. Check out this podcast with Beverley Bostock and Kerry Mills, who take you through their step-by-step HASTE tool created to aid primary care clinicians in reviewing patients with uncontrolled asthma and knowing when to refer. Make HASTE and refer!
- See below for more related podcasts produced by the AHSN Network
- For primary care resources visit the primary care page.
Public and patient resources
Patient information leaflets
- Inhalers for asthma: patient decision aid
- Understand your asthma. Find translations in:
- Fractional exhaled nitric oxide (FeNO): Your asthma inflammation test explained. Find translations in:
Resources to improve inhaler technique
Produced by the AHSN Network
Biologics are a game changer for people whose lives have been blighted by asthma, helping them to live normal lives – and reducing the risk of a fatal attack. Hear from Joanne Beecroft who has been taking biologics and from Dr Hitasha Rupani who is leading the national asthma biologics programme to increase uptake of the medicines, run by the NHS Accelerated Access Collaborative supported by the AHSN Network.
This programme focuses on improving diagnosis and management of asthma within primary care, involving the spread of a simple breath test called FeNO which can help improve care for people with asthma. Host Dr Phil Jennings talks to severe asthma sufferer Emma Thompson and Carol Stonham, a Senior Nurse Practitioner and the Executive Chair of the Primary Care Respiratory Society.