We work with research funders to:
- Support the translation of research into clinical practice
- Implement research outputs rapidly by providing business cases and by supporting commissioners and providers
- Provide effective signposting and advice to companies seeking to develop and evaluate new therapies and diagnostics.
The NIHR (National Institute for Health Research) infrastructure includes some of the AHSNs’ most important partners:
- Biomedical Research Centres
- MedTech and In Vitro Diagnostics Cooperatives
- Local Clinical Research Networks (CRNs)
- New Applied Research Collaborations (ARCs).
AHSNs are working closely with the ARCs in particular to ensure the best research evidence is at the heart of health and social care decisions.
This is informed by the results of the AHSN Network’s 2018 survey, which identified local NHS research and innovation needs.