We work with research funders to:
- support the translation of research into clinical practice
- implement research outputs rapidly by providing business cases and by supporting commissioners and providers
- provide effective signposting and advice to companies seeking to develop and evaluate new therapies and diagnostics.
The NIHR (National Institute for Health Research) infrastructure includes some of the AHSNs’ most important partners:
- Biomedical Research Centres
- MedTech and In Vitro Diagnostics Cooperatives
- Local Clinical Research Networks (CRNs)
- New Applied Research Collaborations (ARCs) – from 2019.
Read more about our research and development work – including how we plan to implement the findings of the 2018 local NHS research and innovation needs survey – here.