Innovator support is provided by all 15 AHSNs in England – the Innovation Pathway sets out the range of services offered.
The Oxford AHSN works with industry and NHS partners to create the conditions and opportunities for companies to grow and access the home market for revenue generation. Our partners are already developing innovative models of care.
Key considerations when commercialising a product for the NHS are:
- How will the product or service change clinical practice?
- Will the innovation enable a new model of care?
- What is the clinical, economic and social impact of the technology?
- How will these impacts be measured?
- Is a redesign required in healthcare pathways to take full advantage of these impacts?
- How will the redesign be funded?
- What are the dissemination routes?
We offer support throughout the process, including signposting to local partners and services and guidance on navigating the local ecosystem.
In 2019 the Oxford AHSN launched an annual Accelerator programme in collaboration with BioCity to support clinical innovators.
Joint working agreements
The Oxford AHSN has a strategic partnership with the global healthcare company Johnson & Johnson (J&J), formalised in a joint Memorandum of Understanding which recognises synergies relating to improving patient care and health outcomes and accelerating access to new innovations and technologies through academic and commercial collaborations.
Through this unique partnership, we are exploring further opportunities to share knowledge and expertise, in order to help develop innovative local health services and advance the health of people across the region.
The Oxford AHSN works with companies and innovators to harness healthcare innovation to improve patient outcomes and generate economic growth. Find details of some of these successful partnerships here.