The Oxford AHSN Strategic and Industry Partnerships programme works with industry and NHS partners to create the conditions and opportunities for companies to grow and access the home market for revenue generation. In 2019, we launched our annual Accelerator programme to support clinical, academic and industry innovators through idea origination and concept development.
Key considerations when commercialising a product for the NHS are:
- How will the product or service change clinical practice?
- Will the innovation enable a new model of care?
- What is the clinical, economic and social impact of the technology?
- How will these impacts be measured?
- Is a redesign required in healthcare pathways to take full advantage of these impacts?
- How will the redesign be funded?
- What are the dissemination routes?
AHSNs help mobilise the value that the NHS can add as an economic asset within the UK economy. Through the Innovation Pathway we broker access to a range of expert support and services across the health and care sectors that support NHS innovators and companies to realise the commercial and economic potential of their ideas. We offer support throughout the process, including signposting to local partners and services and guidance on navigating the local ecosystem.
The £140m AI in Health and Care Award offers funding across four phases: feasibility, development, real world testing and initial adoption in the NHS. The Oxford AHSN supported seven of the 42 successful bids worth £5m in Rounds 1 and 2. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to discuss support for grant funding applications.