AHSNs provide unique support to both clinical and commercial innovators.
We ‘bridge the gap’ between health providers, commissioners and industry, developing an innovation pipeline from research and development through to commercialisation.
We invest time and resources into collaborating with industry and not-for-profit innovators to support and develop value propositions for proven products and services, and to make introductions to the NHS. This helps patients benefit from improved products and services faster, and supports economic growth by making it easier for industry to do business with the NHS.
We achieve this by:
- helping industry to understand and engage with the NHS market, and help align their development programmes to ensure they address clinical and market needs
- providing industry and NHS innovators with bespoke services covering the entire innovation pathway – improving health outcomes and contributing to economic growth
- supporting NHS organisations to define their priorities, challenges and gaps – helping identify opportunities for innovators
- helping NHS organisations identify and implement research-based evidence and guidelines
- empowering frontline health staff to take an active role in creating measurable impact, changing behaviours and spreading their innovations within and outside their organisations
- working with commissioners to incorporate best practice into contracting
- supporting consultation and co-creation with patients and the public
- within our regions, supporting national innovation programmes such as the Accelerated Access Collaborative, Innovation and Technology Payment (ITP), SBRI Healthcare and the NHS Innovation Accelerator (NIA).