Academic Health Science Networks (AHSNs) have a vital role in helping the NHS meet the challenges of 21st century health and care. We find solutions to health and care challenges – individually and collectively we use our unique connections with the NHS, universities, industry, patients and the third sector. We identify and support the development of proven innovations and work together to spread these at pace and scale.
The AHSN Atlas of Solutions in Healthcare is an online resource sharing some of the best examples of high impact innovations from across the national AHSN Network which are improving health and generating economic growth.
Use the links below to download economic growth case studies from the Oxford AHSN:
- Better diagnosis of pre-eclampsia to improve patient safety and reduce burden on the maternity system
- Unique point of care blood test speeds up clinical decision making, improves quality of care and reduces costs
- Healthcare tech company’s expansion and Stock Exchange listing enabled by Oxford AHSN expertise
- AHSN support enables AI company Ufonia to leverage £700,000 of grant funding
- Personalised oncology company leverages £199,000 from Innovate UK in partnership with local AHSN
- Oxford AHSN commercialisation workshop helps Consentricare gain adoption support from key stakeholders in the local health and social care system
- Oxford AHSN commercialisation workshop leads to carer’s app from Trust on Tap being adopted by Buckinghamshire County Council
- Oxford AHSN assists Fujifilm in real-world evaluation of point of care flu test
- Feasibility study for introducing a new rapid point-of-care HIV test into sexual health clinics
- Partnership between Osler Diagnostics, University of Oxford and the Oxford AHSN secures almost £1 million funding to develop new tests for quicker, cheaper and easier diagnosis of patients with chest pain
- CanSense and Dravya Discovery each receive £50,000 investment through Oxford AHSN Accelerator programme
- Oxford AHSN Strategyzer workshops helps companies shape their offering to be in-line with NHS needs
- AHSN-led collaboration brings multi-million pound investment to Buckinghamshire and supports SMEs to meet health and social care needs
- Quicker stroke care and reduced costs
- Oxford AHSN and Perspectum Diagnostics enabled by Office for Life Sciences and Innovate UK funding to collect supporting evidence on the impact of LiverMultiScan in the NHS
- Diagnostic tests trialled in community hospital proved to ease winter pressure and increase efficiency
- Real-time data collection supports patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease through Oxford AHSN-IBD, the UK’s first independently funded IBD network.
- Oxford AHSN develops the business case for cobas® Liat® influenza test and wins Near Patient Testing award at the UK Diagnostics Summit
- Consortium including Oxford AHSN and POCKiT Diagnostics secures over £700,000 in grant funding to improve diagnosis of stroke within the NHS in England
- Point of care testing in a GP urgent care pathway