An evaluation undertaken by the Oxford AHSN of the NHS South East Leadership Academy [SELA] Care Home Managers’ Leadership Learning Group.
The SELA have been running this Programme for around a decade for care home managers working in a variety of settings from care of the elderly to long-term adult healthcare facilities. Current literature suggests that transformational leadership behaviours may link to better safety and quality outcomes for patients and carers.
A cohort of participants were interviewed to understand the impact of their learning and how that translated into a locally run project.
The evaluation highlighted that this specific leadership training course had an influence on:
- The individual learning styles of care home leaders/managers
- The behaviours of these leaders when dealing with team dynamics
- Team and clients through the co-design of projects
Here’s some of the feedback from participant’s learning:
- “I use feedback from staff to develop myself”
- “I can delegate and work with others to achieve a common goal”
- “I will involve staff in the process and make sure I don’t over plan”
- “Change is possible with good management skills”
Download a copy of the evaluation report here.
Please contact email@example.com for further information.
Find out more about the South East Leadership Academy