All health and care innovation is ultimately about people: those who receive care and those who provide it. Considering the needs, preferences and values of both patients and staff is essential to sustained new ways of working and delivering care. The Oxford AHSN Community Involvement and Workforce Innovation team provides support to internal AHSN programmes, to other colleagues in other AHSNs and to our local partner organisations. We can help by offering advice, working with teams or carrying out work on their behalf. This diagram sets out what we offer.
Community Involvement – helping to understand:
- population health inequalities
- what matters to patients and the public by involving them in our work
Workforce Innovation – helping to understand:
- the impact of our programmes on the people who work in health and care
- where innovation might be needed to support health and care staff
- what staff need to support innovation