NHS Leadership Academy & GSK Fellowships: A Fellowship with a difference…
Based at GSK Stockley Park head office in Uxbridge.
Following our successful pilot last year we have decided to repeat the fellowship opportunity this year. So once again the NHS Leadership Academy and GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) have teamed up to offer a challenging new fellowship with a difference.
This fellowship offers the start to true partnership working between the NHS and the health care industry that will be crucial to deliver better health outcomes for the population in the coming years. By hosting NHS Leaders, GSK will offer significant opportunity to fellows within varied functions and departments working on leading edge health care issues which need creativity and excellence to solve. Added to this, the fellows will have the opportunity to learn in tandem with GSK colleagues on a variety of leadership programs.
It is expected that there will be significant benefits at an organisational and personal level;
• Real challenges and experience as part of a world leading commercial enterprise
• Opportunity to extend knowledge and therefore contribute to the Health and Wealth agenda for UKPLC
• Bespoke leadership and mentoring support to develop fellows career and employing NHS organisation
Successful Fellows will be dynamic and ambitious leaders from health, social care and public health who are determined to have an impact at a senior level and improve people’s health and their experience of the NHS. Following the most recent round of recruitment for this programme, there are still a few vacancies remaining so the original deadlines have been extended outside of the holiday period.
To apply you must have:
Day to day experience in one of the following categories/ disciplines
- Public Health
- Local Authorities (Health & Well Being Boards / Adult Social Care)
Be able to be seconded into GSK for 2 days per week for a 12 month period starting from November 2013
- If shortlisted be able to attend an interview on either 9th or 10th of October 2013 in London.
- Be able to demonstrate the behaviours and capabilities relevant to the role
- Be at a band 8a level or above
Please contact Mary.Figueira@leadershipacademy.nhs.uk for a candidate pack and ensure you submit you CV and relevant paperwork by 27th September 2013.
For further information please contact:
Senior Healthcare Environment & Insights Manager
Senior Programme Lead – Resourcing
If you’d like more information about the work of the NHS Leadership Academy, including our core programmes, please visit www.leadershipacademy.nhs.uk and you can follow us at @nhsleadership.