This project will look at asthma management in primary care. The aim is to record and collect data on current clinical practice in asthma management in the Oxford AHSN region and to seek knowledge on priorities to our partners.
The scope is across the entire Oxford AHSN region and will involve electronic data collection from all Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) within this area. If further detail is required, it may be necessary to obtain data from individual practices.
- Identify practice level data on markers of good asthma management
- Identify practice level data on markers of poor asthma management
- Correlate practice care quality markers with practice outcomes
- Formulate plans for better practice and exchange with stakeholders
- Hold patient and partner education forums to plan for implementation
- Implement change in order to provide a uniformly high standard of asthma care