The Oxford AHSN Comorbidity in physical-mental health clinical network hosted three engagement events in autumn 2015:
- Psychological Medicine for Obstetrics
- Psychological Medicine for Palliative Care
- Psychological Medicine for Oncology.
These were organised in collaboration with Sobell House Hospice, the Thames Valley Strategic Clinical Network and Oxford Psychological Medicine.
Multidisciplinary audiences of more than 200 people heard talks from international experts and had opportunities to establish links between different services.
Video summaries by some of the presenters can be seen below.
The Comorbidity Network will host a further event – Physical, Psychological or What…? – on 19 January 2016. Details here >
Comorbidity summary videos, autumn 2015
- Christina Wichman: Psychiatric disorders in pregnancy
- Irene Petersen: Antidepressant medication in pregnancy
- Veronica Miller: An obstetrician’s perspective
- Emily Slater: Everyone’s business
- Maddelena Miele: Psychological medicine in antenatal & postnatal care
- Don Rosenstein: Providing supportive care for patients with cancer
- Amanda Ramirez: Improving conversations in oncology
- Michael Sharpe: Depression in people with cancer
- Tom Grew: The experience of having cancer
- Sarah Blagden: An oncologist’s perspective
- Alison Richardson: Training cancer nurses in psychological care