Psychological Medicine services are delivered within general medical settings by teams with special expertise in caring for people with mental/physical comorbidity. In these short videos, experts from within the Oxford AHSN Comorbidity Network and beyond tell us about Psychological Medicine and the importance of providing integrated care for different groups of people with mental/physical comorbidity.
- Prof Michael Sharpe, Oxford AHSN Comorbidity Network Strategic Lead, outlines the need for Psychological Medicine services.
- Prof Richard Mayou explains the history of Psychological Medicine and his role in its development.
- Dr Michael Yousif, Oxford AHSN Comorbidity Clinical Lead, discusses the challenges of measuring the value of Psychological Medicine.
- Dr Luke Solomons from Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust talks about Psychological Medicine for the elderly.
- Dr Jane Walker from the University of Oxford Department of Psychiatry explains Psychological Medicine at the end of life.
- Dr Stephen Potts discusses Psychological Medicine for people who need organ transplantation and for those who donate organs.
- Prof Louise Howard talks about Psychological Medicine at the beginning of life.
- Prof Eileen Joyce outlines Psychological Medicine for people with neurological conditions.