Please see below for case studies and other information associated with the Oxford AHSN Maternity Network’s projects:
Place of birth of extremely preterm babies
- Case study: read the latest case study here, March 2017
- Place of birth of extremely preterm babies in the Thames Valley Neonatal Network, April 2015
The first audit of all babies meeting the transfer criteria who were born outside the Oxford Level 3 neonatal unit between 01/04/2012 and 31/03/2014.
- Place of birth of extremely premature babies in the Thames Valley Network area – an update, July 2016
The update to the previous audit, looking at the number of babies transferred to the Oxford Level 3 neonatal unit after the implementations managed by the Oxford AHSN Maternity Clinical Network.
Growth scan pathway (Small for gestational age – SGA – babies)
- Identification of small for gestational age babies in the Oxford AHSN region
An audit looking at the identification rates of SGA babies.
- Summary and progress document
Looking at the implementation of the project, what was put in place to support the programme of work and achievements to date.
The current agreed and ratified network-wide guidelines are:
- Rhesus bundle:
- Extreme preterm bundle:
- Magnesium sulfate
- Intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR)
- Improving the use of placental histology
- Perinatal Palliative Care