Information in this section is for staff working in education and community settings eg schools, nurseries and children’s centres.
We would like families to see the promotional messages about this vaccine when they come into your building. Your local public health department may be able to provide posters – or you can download them below.
If your building has screens in reception areas please think about showing one of the flu films below during the flu season (September to March).
There is also an abundance of good material for you to use in PHSE and citizenship sessions (‘British Values’, ‘SMSC’) with children.
AstraZeneca is the sole provider of the children’s nasal flu vaccine. They have created some short videos for children and adults to help answer your queries:
- Dr Ranj: What every parent needs to know about flu (12 mins)
- Why vaccinate? (1 min)
- Flu symptoms in children (1 min)
- Keeping your child safe – annual flu nasal spray – (Buckinghamshire County Council) (5 mins)
- A short film where children teach us about the flu! (Public Health England) (3 mins)
- A knight’s tale: How to train your body to fight flu (2 mins 30 secs)
- Flu Heroes (produced by the NHS in Leicestershire) (2 mins)
PHE leaflets and posters order line