The Oxford AHSN Board meets quarterely and has the following members:
- AHSN Chairman (Nigel Keen)
- AHSN Vice Chairman (Dr Bruno Holthof)
- AHSN Chief Executive (Prof Gary A Ford CBE)
- AHSN Chief Operating Officer (Dr Paul Durrands)
- Oversight group chairs (providing strategic guidance and oversight) –
- Clinical Innovation Adoption programme (Neil Dardis)
- Patient Safety and Clinical Improvement programme (Steve McManus)
- Strategic and Industry Partnerships programme (Simon Greenstreet)
- Patient and Public Involvement, Engagement and Experience theme (Dr Minoo Irani)
- Research and Development theme (Prof Joe Harrison)
The role of the oversight groups is to:
- act as a critical friend to programme/theme delivery
- influence the strategy of the programmes/themes
- ensure that a wider group of stakeholders is involved
- allow Oxford AHSN Board members to get closer to the detail.
The oversight groups meet quarterly and provide reports to the Oxford AHSN Board, ensuring that any risks and issues are acted on. Each oversight group receives regular reports from the Board of its associated programme/theme.
Oxford AHSN Board terms of reference
- Agreeing the strategy and plans for each programme/theme, taking account of the objectives agreed with the AHSN’s national commissioners (NHS England, NHS Improvement, Office for Life Sciences), local NHS partners, grant funding bodies and industry partners
- Approving the business plan
- Approving policies and procedures; where relevant these will draw on the policies and procedures of the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust as the AHSN’s host organisation
- Considering governance arrangements
- Overseeing the preparation and submission of quarterly progress reports including an Annual Report to the national commissioners
- Receiving regular reports from the oversight groups (see above).