The Oxford AHSN Board meets every two months and has the following members:
- AHSN Chairman (Nigel Keen)
- AHSN Vice Chairman (Dr Bruno Holthof)
- AHSN Chief Executive (Prof Gary A Ford CBE)
- AHSN Chief Operating Officer (Dr Paul Durrands)
- Oversight group chairs (providing strategic guidance and oversight) –
The role of the oversight groups is to:
- act as a critical friend to programme/theme delivery
- influence the strategy of the programmes/themes
- ensure that a wider group of stakeholders is involved
- allow Oxford AHSN Board members to get closer to the detail.
The oversight groups meet quarterly and provide reports to the Oxford AHSN Board, ensuring that any risks and issues are acted on. Each oversight group receives regular reports from the Board of its associated programme/theme.
Terms of reference
These include to:
- agree the strategy and plans for each programme/theme, taking account of the objectives included with the Oxford AHSN’s five year licence
- agree the business plan and strategy for ratification by the Oxford AHSN Partnership Board
- develop policies and procedures for ratification by the Oxford AHSN Partnership Board; such policies and procedures will draw on the relevant policies and procedures in place for the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust as the host organisation
- consider the governance arrangements (with associated operating procedures), including the composition of the Boards and to make recommendations to the Partnership Board
- oversee the preparation and submission of quarterly progress reports and an Annual Report to NHS England) against the agreed set of outcomes included with the licence and the business plan
- receive reports from the oversight groups (see above).