Outcomes that matter to patients and the public, December 2016
Workshop hosted by the Oxford AHSN exploring barriers and enablers in developing outcomes that matter to patients – and how these translate to service improvement and research.
Read the final report here.
- Outcomes that matter – Dr Sian Rees, Director of Patient and Public Involvement, Engagement and Experience, Oxford AHSN view slides here
- How patients and the public change what doctors learn – Rosamund Snow, expert patient, service user, researcher, BMJ Patient Editor view slides here
- Outcomes that matter case studies – Nick Hicks, Capitated Outcomes Based Incentivised Care view slides here
- How do we hear and capture diverse and often seldom heard voices? – Kath Evans, Experience of Care Lead, NHS England view slides here
- Public involvement in patient reported outcome measures – Dr Kirstie Haywood, RCN Research Institute view slides here