The Oxford Academic Health Science Network coordinates a number of events and activities, working closely with partners and stakeholders. Current priorities include:
- Get Physical, an ongoing partnership launched in 2015 to improve health and wellbeing. It is coordinated by the Oxford AHSN. ‘Workplace wellbeing’ roadshows took place in November 2016 hosted by Johnson & Johnson, Vodafone and BMW – read the report here. More events are planned in 2017. More details here >
- Biotrinity, May 2017 – we are working with partners including the Oxford Academic Health Science Centre (Oxford AHSC), Oxford’s two Biomedical research centres and others on a collective presence at this major life science conference in London. More details here >
- Oxford AHSN partner showcase events, May/June 2017 – we intend to build on the success of our 2016 partner showcases which attracted over 350 people to seven venues across Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes. More details here >
The Oxford AHSN will also have a significant presence at a number of other 2017 events which have particular relevance for clinical and research staff within the NHS and universities as well as partners in the life sciences industry. These include:
- Innovation showcase, 27 June – a joint promotion with Oxford University Innovation, the Oxford AHSC and the Oxford BRC. Details of 2016 event here >
- Venturefest Oxford, 21 June – more details here >
Keep in touch with developments by signing up to our monthly newsletter here >
- Martin Leaver, Head of Communications
- Rochelle Nelson, Admin support
- Amy Shearman, Corporate Affairs Manager
- Megan Turmezei, Special projects
The Oxford AHSN also has a collective presence at national events with the other 14 AHSNs as the AHSN Network. These include the Health and Care Innovation Expo in September 2017 and patient safety events.
More details of these and additional 2017 events will be added here.