Please see below for Case Studies and other information associated with the Oxford AHSN Medicines Optimisation Clinical Network’s projects:
CBT-based techniques enhance consultation skills
Working with community pharmacists and other health professionals enabling them to empower patients to take charge of their medication.
Targeted medicines support reduces readmissions
How support from community pharmacies can allow patients to make the most of their medicines and avoid readmission after leaving hospital.
- Roberts, L.H., Vadher, B., Tutcher, D. Pharmacy Transfer of Care Project – Supporting Patients on Discharge from Hospital. Transformation Programme – Project Showcase Event, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust, July, 2015.
- Roberts, L.H., Teasdale, S., Vadher, B., Crowley, C., Bailey, J., Vincent, V. Subcutaneous Insulin Harm Reduction: An Oxford Academic Health Science Network (AHSN) Project. Patient Safety Federation Final Showcase Event, 2015.
- Naughton, B. Smith, J.A., Ohanjanyan, A., Smith, G., Dopson, S., Horne, R., Brindley, D.A. EU FMD: hospital pharmacy challenges and opportunities. Hospital Pharmacy Europe: Issue 80, Winter, 2015.
- Naughton, B.D., Smith, J.A. Establishing good authentication practice (GAP) in secondary care to protect against falsified medicines and improve patient safety. Short Report, European Journal of Hospital Pharmacy 2016; 23:118-120. (Available here: http://ejhp.bmj.com/content/23/2/118.full.pdf+html)
- Smith, J.A., Naughton, B., Kramm, A., Smith, G., Ohanjanyan, A., De Simone, M., Horne, R & Brindley, D. Fundamentals of EU Regulatory Affairs, Seventh Edition, Chapter 8: European Union Falsified Medicines Directive: Requirements and Implications for Multi-Stakeholder Healthcare Delivery. US Regulatory Affairs Professional Society, 2015.
- Roberts, L.H., White, D., Vadher, B. Transforming Patient Consultations through Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)-based Techniques in Community Pharmacy. Evidence Live! June, 2016. (Abstract accepted, awaiting presentation).
- Roberts, L.H., Tutcher, D., Vadher, B., Trower, C. Transforming Communication through Transfers of Care between Hospital and Community Pharmacy: An Oxford Academic Health Science Network (AHSN) Initiative in Partnership with PharmOutcomes. BioTrinity, April, 2016. (Abstract submitted, February, 2016).
- Naughton, B.D., Vadher, B., Dopson, S., Chapman, S. Brindley, D.A. EU Falsified Medicines Directive Mandatory Requirements for Secondary Care: A Concise Review. Journal of Generic Medicine (Submitted).
- Naughton, B.D., Dopson, S., Chapman, S. R. Brindley, D.A. Combating Counterfeit medicines Legal Frameworks and Emerging Technologies. Regulatory Affairs Professional society (Submitted).
- Roberts, L.H., Tutcher, D., Vadher, B., White, D.S.G. A feasibility study to assess the appropriateness and viability of training community pharmacists in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)-based techniques to enhance patient consultations. International Journal of Pharmacy Practice (final draft prior to submission).