Since its launch in 2014, the Oxford AHSN Imaging Clinical Network has:
- been noted by the Royal College of Radiologists as “ahead of the game” with regard to radiology networking and have presented at their annual meetings
- secured region-wide agreement to share data between network hospitals
- produced a series of patient information videos to reassure patients who are coming into hospital for investigations and incorporated these into patient letters
- facilitated the patient information video: “Having an MRI scan at Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust” which was shortlisted in the 2016 BMA Patient Information awards
- secured funding from Cancer Research UK to pilot the “ACE” innovative one-stop diagnostic pathway to improve accuracy and speed of cancer diagnosis.