Do you take all the medicines you are prescribed?
Open up to your GP
- Tell your GP or the GP practice staff if there are medicines that are prescribed for you that you do not use
- They can explain how to get your medicines reviewed
- If there are medicines that don’t suit you, your GP may suggest others that could be better
Open up to your pharmacist
- Make it clear to your pharmacy what medicines you need
- Open your medicines bag before you leave the pharmacy. Hand back any medicines you don’t need
- Medicines can not be reused once they’ve left the pharmacy
Open up while in hospital
- Take all the medicines you are using into hospital with you
- If you change wards while you’re in hospital make sure your medicines move with you
- When you leave hospital be sure you know which medicines you need to take
Find out more about the Open Up About Medicines campaign here.