There is an abundance of material available to help you explain the children’s nasal flu spray programme and answer queries about the children’s flu vaccination programme.
Public Health England (PHE) and AstraZeneca (the sole provider of the Fluenz Tetra® nasal spray) have downloadable and orderable posters, leaflets and films for your use. In this section you will also find helpful resources from other areas of the country.
We have pulled together some handy hints for those delivering the flu vaccine in schools based on our experiences in 2015/16. Similar best practice tips that we gathered from the GP practices which achieved the highest take-up rates in our region have been incorporated in this national guidance issued in June 2016.
- Dr Ranj: What every parent needs to know about flu (12 mins) (AstraZeneca)
- Why vaccinate? (1 min) (AZ)
- Flu symptoms in children (1 min) (AZ)
- A knight’s tale: How to train your body to fight flu (2 mins 30 secs) (AZ)
- Flu Heroes (1 min 38 secs) (produced by the NHS in Leicestershire)
- Keeping your child safe – annual flu nasal spray – (Buckinghamshire County Council)
Public Health England (PHE) Vaccine Updates
- No. 256, December 2016. Read it here.
- No. 255, November 2016. Read it here.
- No. 254, October 2016. Read it here.
- No. 253, October 2016. Read it here.
- No. 252, September 2016. Read it here.
- No. 251, August 2016 – influenza vaccine supply for the children’s part of the flu programme. Read it here.
- No. 250, August 2016 – special edition. Read it here.
- No. 249, July 2016 – see page 5 for latest on the flu programme. Read it here.
- No. 248, June 2016 – includes vaccine ordering information for the children’s flu programme. Read it here.
- No. 245, May 2016. Read it here.
PHE leaflets and posters order line
Oxford AHSN resources
- Best practice tips for general practice staff gathered from local practices with high uptake
- Best practice tips for primary schools
Other useful regional resources
- Vaccine Knowledge project – independent, authoritative scientific information (University of Oxford/Oxford Vaccine Group)