The Anxiety and Depression Clinical Network aims to continuously improve psychological therapies for adults, children and young people suffering with common mental health disorders.
Our vision is to consistently provide the right, NICE recommended psychological treatments of the highest quality in a timely fashion so that more patients will achieve recovery and enjoy a better quality of life as a result of treatment.
The Anxiety and Depression Clinical Network works closely with all IAPT services (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies), their commissioners and academics at the cutting edge of psychological treatment research to reduce variability in outcomes through effective data analysis and by sharing innovation and research findings.
We have three overarching aims:
- To enhance recovery rates for adults
- To support innovation projects for patients with chronic health problems whose management is complicated by the presence of anxiety and / or depression
- To improve ROMs (Routine Outcome Measures) collection within CYP (Children and Young People) psychological therapy services.
Our objectives include:
- Increasing numbers of adult patients achieving recovery after treatment
- Supporting new, integrated IAPT services in data design and collection so that we can evaluate best practice models of care robustly
- Increasing ROMs collection in children and young people, increasing awareness among staff in CAMHs (Children and Adolescent Mental Health services) of the importance of ROMs and improve attitude towards routine evaluation of treatment and treatment outcomes.